Minnesota Lakeside – Activities begin June 22 thru Aug. 31
- Our sandy beach has a hard bottom with no drop-off and a gradual slope entry —perfect for toddlers and children of all ages. The beach is roped off, there is a floating raft, inner tubes, lounge chairs and a picnic table.
- We provide canoes, funyaks and a paddle boat for our guests enjoyment.
Deck and Docks:
A large main deck on the lake at the lodge and seven docks for fishing boats and guest boats insure outdoor comfort.
- The Lodge has a lakeside screened porch, large gathering room for family and friends, TV, Ping Pong table, foosball table, video games, pinball machines, board games, books, ice cream, candy pop, milk, bread, and miscellaneous grocery items.
- Boot Lake is a clear, spring-fed lake with an average depth of 65 feet and holes as deep as 109 feet. There are no inlets—only an outlet. All tree lined, Boot Lake is about three miles in length, narrow, and about 500 acres. With only two resorts and a few residents, it’s a great lake for Walleye, Northern Pike, Bass, and Pan fish. Crappie and Walleye fishing is at its best in Spring and early summer. Boot Lake is classified by the MN DNR as a trophy Walleye Lake.
We have bait available at the resort. We also have an 18 foot pontoon, 22 foot pontoon and motors to rent.
FREE Scheduled Activities
Check-in is after 3:30 p.m.
- Trail walk with Bob for all in the morning. At 6 p.m. we will have our family potluck and wiener roast.(wieners supplied by us). This is a good time for everyone to get acquainted. Volleyball.
- Kids cartoon time.
- It’s a Kids and Mom’s casting contest in the morning, and a ping pong tournament in the afternoon. Popcorn and movie in the evening.
- Nature crafts in the morning and a foosball tournament in the afternoon. In the evening it will be time for a family campfire and marshmallow roast.
- It’s bingo in the morning. We will conclude the week with family happy hour, good-bye party and kayak races at the beach.
OTHER VACATION ACTIVITIES
- Other activities to enjoy at your leisure are paddle boat, canoeing, ping-pong, horseshoes, bocceball, tether ball, croquet, basketball, pinball and video games and the peaceful serenity of walking the many trails through our woods.
- Our playground has a large sand box, swing sets, merry-go-round, slide, hobby horse, beached speed boat, climbing rope, tether ball, picnic table and lawn chairs. There is an additional playground with a swing set, slide, and sand box by the volleyball court.
- Yard games at Fun Ta Boot include horseshoes, badminton, bocci ball, croquet, and sand volleyball court.
- Good Grouse hunting, bow deer hunting is nearby in state forests and county government land.
- HEADWATERS is a regulation, 18 hole course and is a 20 minute drive from the resort.
EAGLE VIEW is an executive course, par 64, 18 hole only 10 minutes from the resort.
BLUEBERRY PINES is an 18 hole championship golf course 8 miles south of Park Rapids.
BROOKSIDE is a 9 hole, par three course just 5 miles from Fun Ta Boot.
Summerhill Farm This facility includes five gift shops each providing a display of art, gifts, and decorative accessories. And the Sunporch Restaurant is a restful setting for lunch and/or dessert.
Evergreen Gifts and Fun Park. (formally World Christmas) They make their own cream and butter fudge. Evergreen Park at World of Christmas has bumper boats, mini-golf, batting cages, water wars, and a train ride.
Northern Traditions This is unique shopping in a rustic setting.
Pine Furnishings Handcrafted pine furniture and accessories can be found here.
Main Street Shops of Park Rapids
Many more fine specialty store in the area and several sporting goods shops . . .
A Few of the other attractions in the area:
Tamarack National Wildlife Refuge
Woodtick Musical Jamboree
Bemidji Paul Bunyan Amusement Park
Dining. There is a large variety of fine, casual, and family dining ten to twenty minutes from Fun Ta Boot Resort
You’ll enjoy the peaceful serenity of walking the many trails through our woods.